It's Day 14 of the 2017 State Fair of Texas. Here's 5 things you need to know before heading to the fair on Thursday.
- If you love making homemade ice cream, you can get some great ideas at the "Ice Cream Freeze-Off" on Thursday morning. Pre-registration is required, so you unless you have already registered, you won't be able to compete. That does not stop you from getting some great ideas though. The contest starts at 9:30 a.m. inside the Creative Arts Kitchen.
- Next you can check out the Livestock 101 presentation at the Ag-Power Plaza. That's where you can find out what animals are on display that day, and then take off on a guided livestock tour. There are 4 showtimes, 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. & 5 p.m.
- Don't miss the Zuzu African Acrobats performance. You can find this amazing show of acrobatic skills and limbo on the Mattress Firm Stage along the Esplanade. There are four shows on Thursday, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. & 4 p.m.
- Majesty of the Horse - Horseman Jerry Diaz shows off the majesty & Beauty of the Horse. There are four shows on Thursday, 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 5 p.m. & 6 p.m. You can find this show in the Ranch Arena next to the Children's Health Barnyard.
- The Chevrolet Main Stage will be the place to be at 8:30 p.m. Thursday night. That's because Brave Combo will take the stage. The polka/rock/worldbeat band is based in Denton.