Financial news outlet Bloomberg says the Texas Rangers are now worth more than $1 billion.
The estimated value of $1.01 billion makes the team the 10th most valuable franchise in Major League Baseball, according to Bloomberg.
The outlet came up with that figured based on the following revenue streams.
- Team Revenue: $260 million
- Gate Receipts: $79 million
- Concessions: $22 million
- Sponsorship: $19 million
- Media Rights: $81 million
- Parking: $6 million
- 2013 attendance: 3.2 million
- Revenue Sharing: -$15 million
As expected, the top team is the New York Yankees, whom Bloomberg said is worth $3.3 billion. The next most valuable franchise is the Dodgers, worth $2.1 billion.
Bloomberg ranked the rest of the AL West as follows:
- Los Angeles Angels as the 8th most valuable franchise with a value of $1.09 billion.
- Houston Astros as the 16th most valuable franchise with a value of $800 million.
- Seattle Mariners as the 18th most valuable franchise with a value of $720 million.
- Oakland Athletics as the 26th most valuable franchise with a value of $590 million.