Blue Star
The center of the Dallas Cowboys universe

Romo on Failed US Open Bid: "This Isn't Football"

View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Romo on Failed US Open Bid: "This Isn't Football"

Stuart Franklin/Getty Images

Unsurprisingly, if you read our post yesterday detailing Cowboys’ quarterback Tony Romo’s unimpressive opening round performance, Romo’s bid to qualify for the 2011 U.S. Open has proved unsuccessful.

The Cowboys’ quarterback finished tied for 44th after his 18 hole opening round at Stonebridge Ranch Country Club in McKinney on Monday, with a nine-over 81. The Top ten advance to the sectional qualifier, a group of which Romo was part last year, when he finished the opening round in fifth place.

Romo told reporters on Monday that he was disappointed by the performance, but not as disappointed as he would be if he had struggled so mightily in some other area of his sporting life--like, say, the football field.

"Well anytime you don't get through it's disappointing but this isn't football,'' Romo said, per the Dallas Morning News. "I'm a lot more emotional when it comes to football games. This one, you pick out where you need to get better at and try that the next time.''

Stay on top of the latest Dallas Cowboys news with NBCDFW.com. Follow NBC DFW Sports on Facebook or have breaking Cowboys news sent directly to your phone with Blue Star SMS alerts. Text "bluestar" to 622339 (NBCDFW) to subscribe to this free service.  Read more about it here.

Related Topics Tony Romo, US Open
Leave Comments