NFL Files 2nd Lawsuit Seeking Info From Hardy's 1st Trial | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Blue Star
The center of the Dallas Cowboys universe

NFL Files 2nd Lawsuit Seeking Info From Hardy's 1st Trial

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    AP
    FILE - In this Dec. 29, 2013, file photo, Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy (76) sits on the bench during the second half of an NFL game against the Atlanta Falcons in Atlanta. The NFL is allowing two more NFL players to continue playing while facing domestic violence issues. Similar to the Ray Rice case, the league says it investigating and waiting for the legal process to run its course before taking action. Greg Hardy already has been convicted on two counts of domestic violence, but has filed an appeal. Ray McDonald of the San Francisco 49ers also remains active while he is being investigated for abuse allegations. (AP Photo/Dave Martin, File)

    The NFL has filed a second lawsuit in North Carolina court seeking information from defensive end Greg Hardy's bench trial last summer in which he was convicted on two counts of domestic violence.

    The lawsuit filed Wednesday comes on the same day Hardy signed a one-year contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

    The NFL is asking the judge to inform the Mecklenburg County District Attorney to release material from Hardy's first trial. Although the charges were dismissed last month, the NFL is continuing its investigation into the matter.

    The NFL argues in the lawsuit it has the right to "inspect exhibits admitted into evidence" in the trial.

    The league's first request was denied.

    NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy says the ex-Panther remains on the commissioner's exempt list pending a resolution.