Gary Yarbrough is a super saver.
"I usually save anywhere from 75 percent to 100 percent," Yarbrough said.
Yarbrough saves money on everything from groceries to gasoline and has decided to share his methods for stretching his paycheck:
- Groceries: www.sistersofsavings.com Gary uses this Web site to match coupons with sale prices.
- Blogs: www.metroplexsavers.blogspot.com Bloggers share their best finds.
- Gas: www.gasbuddy.com Gary checks Gasbuddy every morning before he leaves for work and fills up where gas is cheapest.
- Electricity: www.whitefence.com Gary uses this Web site to compare electric rates.
- Phone: www.lingo.com This Internet-based phone service cuts Gary's home phone bill to $199 for an entire year.
- Magazines: www.discountmagazines.com Gary receives popular magazines for just $5.95 for a 12-month subscription.
"I saved $72.74," Yarbrough said after a recent trip to Walgreens.
By combining manufacturer coupons with store sale prices, he paid just $18 for more than $100 worth of merchandise.
And he can't believe that most people don't save like he does.
"It's great," Yarbrough said. "They're throwin' away money."