It's pretty darn ridiculous how many construction projects, special events, and traffic accidents have messed the highways and biways around north Texas this weekend -- so, we're encouraging you to keep off the roads whenever possible. Still, if you really have to get around this weekend, here are the places to watch out for.
- Inside lanes in both directions of I-30 in Dallas are shut down this morning as crews replace several hundred feet of the concrete median divide between Sylvan Ave. and Beckley St. Delays expected until 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Closures on I-635 and I-20 through Balch Springs will last until 2 p.m. Saturday as TxDOT works to put in a sign bridge. Multiple lanes on southbound I-635 will be closed from Elam Road to I-20. In addition, multiple lanes on westbound I-20 from the exit to northbound I-635 to the interchange at US 175 will be closed.
- The intersection at SH 205 and West I-30 frontage road in Rockwall will be closed and traffic detoured from Friday evening through Monday morning beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, April 3 through 6 a.m. Monday, April 6.
- I-35 in Ellis county is getting a major change as crew switched southbound traffic onto a new stretch of freeway south of Waxahachie to Chambers Creek and just north of Italy. Temporary access ramps to and from FM 329 and the rest area will be completed today.
- Of course, Texas Motor Speedway traffic is the biggest problem for I-35W and Hwy 114 travelers this weekend. To get to/from Denton from Fort Worth, we suggest using Hwy 377 instead of I-35W, and if you need to get from Saginaw to Dallas, try 287 to 820, then 183 into Big D.
Hate the traffic? Tell us about it in the comments.