In a weekly post, we'll take a look around the AL West — what's happened so far, and what's on tap in the coming days.
1. Houston Astros (1-0) — After getting rained out on Opening Day, the Astros came back on Tuesday to win in come-from-behind fashion in a rematch of the AL Wild Card Game. Thanks to Dallas Keuchel and Carlos Correa, they got it done. Next up: Tonight, 6:05 p.m., at New York Yankees.
2. Seattle Mariners (1-1) — A one-hit loss and a blowout of the Rangers that got chippy shows the Mariners could very well be 2-0. Now, they have to try to play well without their top two pitchers on the mound. Next up: Today, 1:05 p.m., at Texas Rangers.
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
3. Texas Rangers (1-1) — The Rangers won a game with one hit and lost a game when their bats started to come to life. The culprit? That much-hyped bullpen. It's hard to believe that's going to happen too often. Next up: Today, 1:05 p.m., vs. Seattle Mariners.
4. Los Angeles Angels (0-2) — The Angels have scored one run in two games. Granted, those were against the World Series favorite Cubs, who are very good. But still, those offensive concerns outside of Mike Trout are coming to light. Next up: Thursday, 9:05 p.m., vs. Texas Rangers.
5. Oakland Athletics (0-2) — The A's are just bad, and that's the way things are going to be this year. Sorry, Oakland. Next up: Tonight, 9:05 p.m., vs. Chicago White Sox.