More than two dozen children at a New Jersey day care center were taken to the hospital after being served water from a pitcher that apparently had a cleaning agent, possibly bleach, mixed in, police say.
Three adults were transported along with 26 children from The Growing Tree II Learning Center on Fifth Street in Jersey City shortly before 11 a.m. Thursday.
Police said they were inadvertently served from a pitcher that was supposed to be used to clean art materials.
U.S. & World
Police said none of those taken to the hospital are showing any symptoms of illness, but they are still being evaluated. Most of the children had been released to their parents by early afternoon.
According to its website, The Growing Tree II Learning Center provides day care services for children between 6 weeks and 4 years old.