Officials with the State Fair of Texas announced the finalists for the 14th annual Big Tex Choice Awards.
We've seen the list of 31 semi-finalists, with each dish being considered for one of three titles: "Best Taste - Sweet," "Best Taste - Savory," and "Most Creative."
And, in alphabetical order, the finalists are:
• Arroz con Leche (Sweet Crispy Rice) by the Garza Family (SWEET)
• Cotton Candy Taco by Justin & Rudy Martinez (SWEET)
• Deep Fried Shepherd's Pie by Clint Probst (SAVORY)
• Deep Fried Skillet Potato Melt in a Boat by Tom Grace (SAVORY)
• Fernie's Hoppin' John Cake with Jackpot Sauce by Winter Family Concessions (SAVORY)
• Fernie's Orange You Glad We Fried It?! by Winter Family Concessions (SWEET)
• State Fair Fun-L Cake Ice Cream by Tom Landis (SWEET)
• Sweet Bakin' Bacon by Ed & Eddie Campbell (SWEET)
• Texas Fried Hill Country by Justin & Rudy Martinez (SAVORY)
• Texas Twang-kie by Chris & Sherry Howard (SAVORY)
Here Are the '18 Big Tex Choice Awards Finalists
See pictures of the finalists here and the full list of semifinalists below:
The latest news from around North Texas.
The Big Tex Choice Awards will take place at 2 p.m. Aug. 26 in the Tower Building at Fair Park.
Feast Your Eyes on the '17 Big Tex Choice Awards Finalists