Qualifying students in Tarrant County will be heading back to school with brand new school supplies this year.
The Tarrant County Back to School Roundup hosted children aged 18 and under who live in Tarrant County and whose families meet the latest income guidelines.
Pre-registration online was required, but eligible students would receive:
- Backpacks to children in grades pre-kindergarten through 12th grade
- Haircuts for school children
- Dental screenings, fluoride applications, free toothbrushes and toothpaste for students
- Immunizations for school children
- Health screenings and services for both school children and their families
- Kids activities, games and interactive demonstrations and booths
- Community resource booths with information on such topics as literacy, parenting, nutrition, financial literacy, fire safety, and social services
The event was scheduled to run between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. at Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth.