Trophy Club police say a Byron Nelson High School student is in custody following a bomb threat that forced a lockdown at the school.
The student is charged with making a false alarm or report involving a school, a state felony, police said.
Police are also pursuing the arrest of a second person, they said Monday. The person, they believe, is 18 years old and is not a student at Byron Nelson.
The school was placed on lockdown for several hours on Jan. 30. In addition, students at Medlin Middle School, Beck Elementary School and Lake Elementary School were placed on lockdown for a short time while police investigated the alleged threat.
A police statement Monday said they received six calls from the same person who made the alleged threats, and during the sixth call the caller admitted that it had been a hoax.
"The individual in the school was coordinating and sending information to another individual and utilized that information to make a number of calls to police dispatch, which dragged out this process," said Trophy Club Police Chief Patrick Arata. "Then, eventually, they called back saying it's a hoax, we can't believe you guys showed up, what kind of police response it is, it's just a hoax."
Law enforcement, including SWAT officers and the FBI, did not find any suspicious items on the Byron Nelson campus, and no injuries were reported.
The latest news from around North Texas.
The student remains in police custody and faces up to two years in jail if convicted.