One man has been hurt in the fiery explosion of a North Texas house where the victim said he left a tank of propane near a lit fireplace.
The Johnson County Sheriff's Office on Wednesday said 68-year-old Patrick Lawrence is recovering from burns. Investigators are trying to determine whether the propane caused Tuesday night's explosion at a home near Keene, about 25 miles south of Fort Worth.
Sheriff Bob Alford said deputies answered a 911 call about a house engulfed in flames. Lawrence later told deputies that he put a tank of propane near the lit fireplace but couldn't immediately explain why.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Lawrence said he went into the kitchen and then the house exploded.
A spokeswoman for Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas said Lawrence was in good condition Wednesday.