The Texas Department of Transportation reopened Loop 12 underneath Interstate 30 in West Dallas early Monday morning after closing the roadway due to flooding late last week.
The southbound lanes of Loop 12 reopened Sunday evening after officials initially said the stretch of Loop 12 would stay closed until June 4.The northbound lanes were reopened at about 4:30 a.m. Monday.
Hundreds of vehicles become trapped when high water submerged the lowest points of Loop 12 Friday. Some drivers were stranded for nearly six hours, gridlocked by vehicles and water.
The latest news from around North Texas.
TxDOT used pumps to transfer the water from the roadway.
Meanwhile, other roads remain closed in Dallas County due to flooding. Below is a list supplied by Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins:
- Sandy Lake RV Park
- Sandy Lake Road near Interstate 35E.
- McInnish Park, near Sandy Lake Road and the President George Bush Turnpike
- Eastbound Texas 114 at Spur 348 ramp
- Eastbound Texas 114 to Northwest Highway ramp
- Eastbound Texas 114 on-ramp of Hidden Ridge
- One main lane of eastbound Texas 114 near Spur 348
- Service roads at I-635 and Luna
- Eastbound Texas 356 (Irving Blvd)
- U-turn west of Wildwood
- Loop 12 U-turn south of Shady Grove is closed.
- 2100-2300 blocks of West Northwest Highway
- Manana at I-35
- Walnut Hill from I-35 to Northwest Highway
- Northwest Hwy at I-35 & Walton Walker
- Lombardy at I-35
- Gardner Road
- 2000-2200 blocks of Manana
- 2100 Manana toward Spangler
- Westbound Northwest Highway from I-35 to Loop 12
- Goodnight at Walnut Hill
- Tantor at X
- Tantor Road and Royal Lane
- Luna SB from Wire St to Northwest Highway
- Irving near Royal and Golf Course
- Loop 12 at Singleton
- Luna at Tantor Road
- Southbound Goodnight at Walnut Hill
- Southbound Spangler at Walnut Hill
- Southbound Luna at Royal
- Northwest Highway west of Walton Walker
- California Crossing at Luna
- Luna at Y
- Wildwood at California Crossing