Lighting Strike Starts Fire at Dallas Home

Dallas Fire Rescue was called to an early morning house fire on the 7100 Block of Briarmeadow Drive, in North Central Dallas. 

Crews arrived to find a 2-story home with the roof on fire. 

The two people inside the home escaped to safety. One of the people told firefighters they heard a loud and very close sound of thunder.  

Upon further investigation, it was determined the fire started from a lightning strike to the home's chimney.  

It took firefighters about an hour and a half to fully extinguish the fire.

Investigators say the blaze was contained mostly to the attic and the home did sustain water damage.

Contact Us