Family Found Nearly Unconscious from CO Poisoning

Lewisville family's furnace malfunctioned

vlcsnap-2015-07-27-14h04m37s14
NECN

A Lewisville family nearly died from carbon monoxide poisoning after they turned on their heat.

The family is recovering in the hyperbaric medicine unit at Presbyterian Hospital after their furnace malfunctioned.

The family was found nearly unconscious.

Because the gas is odorless, tasteless, and colorless, investigators recommend families have a carbon monoxide detector in their home. It is also a good idea to have the furnace and chimney checked before using them this year.

Contact Us