Gas Leak Forces Bedford Evacuations

10 Bedford homes are evacuated late Wednesday

Ten townhouses in Bedford were evacuated late Wednesday when an Atmos Energy crew discovered a natural gas leak. [[366031021,C]]

The gas leak is in a 16-inch pipe that runs directly under a townhouse complex in the 900 block of Chateau Vallee Circle, according to the natural gas company.

Atmos representatives met with the residents impacted by the evacuation Wednesday and agreed to put them up in a hotel for the night while repairs were completed, a company spokesperson told NBCDFW.

It is not clear how long repairs might last.

Contact Us