Cigarette Causes Apartment Fire in Dallas: Fire Department

A cigarette started an apartment fire in Dallas Sunday afternoon.

The Dallas Fire Department said that a patio fire at the Creekview Apartments in the 1400 block of Preston Road was likely caused by a cigarette.

Officials said that the fire started at about 3:30 p.m. Sunday on a second-floor balcony of the apartment complex. Strong winds caused the patio fire to spread.

Firefighters said that there was damage to the outside of two apartment units.

No one was injured in the fire.

Contact Us