Fire in Linen Closet Forces Evacuation of Embassy Suites in Grapevine

A hotel near Dallas Fort Worth Airport was briefly evacuated after a fire broke out in a storage closet Wednesday morning in Grapevine.The fire was discovered around 1:34 a.m. in a linen closet at Embassy Suites in the 2400 block of Bass Pro Drive.Sprinklers on the second floor had gone off and light smoke was spotted throughout the hotel, which was evacuated while firefighters ventilated it with fans.Guests were allowed to return to their rooms around 2:37 a.m., Grapevine fire officials said. One person was taken to Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Grapevine with unknown injuries.  Continue reading...

Read More

Copyright The Dallas Morning News
Contact Us