1. General. By submitting an entry to this contest, sponsored by Internet Broadcasting Systems (the “Sponsor”), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Contest begins on Wednesday, 3/25/09 at 5:01am and ends on Friday, 04/03/09 at midnight. All times in this contest refer to Central Time. By entering the drawing, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the drawing itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw the transmission of this sweepstakes and award the prize from among entries received prior to the date of the withdrawal. Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from this contest.
2. Eligibility. The contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older as of 04/03/09 and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations Open only to legal residents of the viewing areas of the following television stations: KXAS who are 18 years of age as of 04/03/09 and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations.] Employees of the Sponsor, the stations listed above and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, employees, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) are not eligible.
3. How To Enter. You may enter by completing the online entry form, which includes name, address, telephone number, email address and other information. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the email account from which the entry is made. You may enter once during the sweepstakes period. Multiple entries received from any person or email address will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. Neither the Sponsor, the television stations listed above nor their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical or computer failures of any kind, for inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials, errors in these rules, for any human or electronic error, or for entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All online entries must be received before 5:01 PM Central Time on 04/03/09 to be eligible for the drawing. By checking the relevant box or selection in the registration form, entrants agree that the Sponsor and/or [advertiser] may contact the entrant via email with information about preselected goods or services. If you do not wish to receive these materials do not check the relevant box in the entry form. If at any time, you do not wish to receive these materials in the future, please use the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
4. Selection of Winner. Five winners will be selected through a random drawing by employees of KXAS from all eligible entries on Monday, 04/06/09 and will be notified by email or mail at the email address or address provided by the winner. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winners will be required to sign and return to the Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility and liability and publicity release within 14 days of notification. If any prize notification is undeliverable, or in the event of non-compliance with any of these requirements, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries.
5. Prizes. The contest prizes are Five (5) gift certificates for HoneyBaked Ham redeemable at any of their Dallas-Ft. Worth locations. The prizes are valued at $50 each. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash. Transfer of the prize is prohibited. All taxes and all other expenses, costs or fees associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor reserve(s) the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Winner must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, or the prize will be forfeited and alternate winner selected.
6. Disclaimer. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the sweepstakes and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases the Sponsor, the station’s listed above and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. The Sponsor, the stations listed above and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner's name, city, state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner’s name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it.
7. Internet. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, and unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity of the game or sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves its right in its discretion to disqualify any individual it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes/game. The Sponsor, the stations listed above and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees (i) assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries: (ii) are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email to be received by the Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes/game.
Rules and Regulations