Gov. Perry Gets Chatty at Coffeehouse
With cameras rolling, Perry talks freely
AP, Harry Cabluck
Texas Gov. Rick Perry
YouTube video popped up this week of Governor Rick Perry speaking to a group of supporters at a Dallas coffeehouse.
Unfair Park had the scoop on the video, in which Perry tells the crowd several things:
1. Texas' economy is doing well
2. On the loud crowds at congressional town hall meetings, Perry said, "Washington should shut up and start listening."
3. Texas just received its highest bond rating ever.
4. That former Texas Speaker of the House Pete Laney was a "tyrant."
5. When it comes to Washington getting involved in business and the free markets, Perry said "I'm kind of a believer that Wall Street and Las Vegas generally get it right."
Here's part 1 and part 2 and part 3 of the videos.