Circus Company Indicted After Deadly Tent Collapse | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
National & International News
The day’s top national and international news

Circus Company Indicted After Deadly Tent Collapse

A grand jury returned an indictment with one felony and seven misdemeanors against Walker International Events

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Robert and Annabelle Young traveled from Concord, Vermont, to nearby Lancaster, New Hampshire, for the performance. (Published Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2015)

    A circus company faces several charges following a tent collapse last year in New Hampshire that killed a man and his 6-year-old daughter.

    A Coos County grand jury returned an indictment Friday with one felony and seven misdemeanors against Walker International Events, of Sarasota, Florida, the Caledonian Record reported

    The felony accuses Walker of failing to obtain a permit before setting up the tent, County Attorney John McCormick said. The misdemeanors deal with fire and building code and reckless conduct allegations. 

    McCormick said Walker could face sanctions. The company's phone number is disconnected. 

    Robert Young, 41, and daughter Annabelle, of Concord, Vermont, died Aug. 3 when a storm blew through the Lancaster fairgrounds, toppling the tent after about 100 people settled in for a show. Fifty people were injured.