Mola Lenghi, NBC 5 News
A look inside Paige Pauley's bedroom after an explosion on Sunday morning.
A woman and her three dogs narrowly escaped injury when their home exploded in West Fort Worth Sunday morning.
The house is the 6400 block of Garland Avenue. No other homes on the block were damaged. The Fort Worth Fire Department Arson and Bomb Units are looking for the cause of the blast. They were called to the scene at 9:40 a.m. on Sunday.
Paige Pauley said she was fixing breakfast in her kitchen when she heard and felt the blast come from the other end of the house where her bedroom sits.
The explosion blew through the walls. It sent furniture and other items flying. She was even blown back a few feet.
"I thought 'oh my God' my house just blew up," Pauley said. "My biggest concern was that there was smoke everywhere and I didn't know what was on fire, so I just got out."
Pauley and her dogs Cassidy, Buster and Oliver evacuated.
The Fort Worth Fire Department said there is significant interior damage to the home. Pauley did report smelling a "sewer gas" odor last night and opened the windows.