TCU Shares Future Vision

Goals reflect the school's academic profile, size and balance, and environment

By Justin Hinton
|  Tuesday, Feb 28, 2012  |  Updated 6:01 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
TCU Shares Future Vision

NBC 5

advertisement

Weeks after a major drug bust at Texas Christian University, school officials set new goals to boost the university's reputation.

Most of the university's goals fall under three specific areas of focus: academic profile and reputation, size and balance, and campus environment.

Chancellor Victor J. Boschini, Jr. said the strategic plan, "Vision in Action," has been successful over the past six years, but there is still room for improvement. TCU officials released a statement laying out their future plan.

In the statement, the board voted to maintain the university's 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio. It also plans to invest in personnel program expansion, support, services and facilities.

In relation to size and balance, board members set a target enrollment ceiling at 10,000 students -- 8,500 spaces reserved for undergraduates, with the remaining 1,500 spaces reserved for graduate students.

Additionally, the board agreed upon a balance of Texas representation with out-of-state students. It agreed 60 percent of undergraduates should come from Texas while the remaining 40 percent of undergraduate students should come from outside the state.

To improve the campus environment, the board decided to more efficiently use classroom space and provide housing options for every undergraduate.

To read the full statement, click here.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out