The following are a list of incidents that drew the attention of North Texas law enforcement. List compiled May 12, 2010.
SUSPICIOUS DEVICE FORCES NEIGHBORHOOD EVACUATION
Grand Prairie police were called out to the 3900 block of Kirby Creek lane around 4:30 Wednesday afternoon. A postal worker discover a "rocket-like" device in a mailbox and called police. After evacuating six homes in the area, the Arlington bomb squad sent in its robot to investigate the device. A short time later, an Arlington bomb technician retrieved it from the mailbox and discovered it was just a child's toy. Investigators believe it may be connected to a science experiment at a nearby middle or elementary school.
THREE SHOT IN RAP VIDEO SHOOTING
Three people were hurt during the shooting of a rap music video in Pleasant Grove. Dallas police said the victims were hurt when gunfire broke out during preparations for the shoot. Two men and one woman suffered non-life threatening injuries. Dallas police said up to 1,000 people had gathered Tuesday night for the video filming, which was taking place on the corner of Bruton and Prairie Creek. Off-duty marshals were working at the time, but Dallas police officers were called into help with traffic control. No arrests have been made.
DRIVER BACKS INTO DALLAS OFFICER
Dallas police are looking into a minor crash overnight involving a patrol vehicle. The officer who was driving the cruiser made a traffic stop at about 3 a.m. Wednesday morning on the 1200 block of Brighton Avenue. Investigators said the driver of a Jeep stopped on the wrong side of the road and backed up, slamming into the officers car. Police arrested the driver of the Jeep on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. A female passenger in the Jeep was cited for public intoxication and allowed to walk home.
DALLAS HOTEL EVACUATED
A Homewood Suites motel in Dallas was evacuated Wednesday after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected. The original call to 911 indicated a person complaining of dizziness at the hotel on the 9100 block of Markville. When firefighters arrived, they detected the CO and called for hazmat. An unspecified number of people were evacuated from the building as a precaution.