Contractor Crews Cut McKinney Gas Line

Flames, gas leak reported in northern McKinney neighborhood

By Catherine Ross
|  Thursday, Oct 25, 2012  |  Updated 5:46 PM CDT
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
McKinney fire officials say one person was taken to the hospital after a contractor crew broke a gas line in a McKinney neighborhood.

Catherine Ross, McKinney Reporter

McKinney fire officials say one person was taken to the hospital after a contractor crew broke a gas line in a McKinney neighborhood.

advertisement

An accidental gas line cut in a McKinney subdivision shut down Lake Forest Drive on Thursday morning and early afternoon.

McKinney Fire Battalion Chief Kyle Easley said the cut to the line happened while contractors for AT&T were digging in the neighborhood.

"Initially, when you hear 'gas line cut,' you respond heavily and prepared," he said. "By the time people get home this evening, they probably won't even know that it happened."

"When we smelled gas, I called 911," said Cori Paelke, who lives nearby. "Obviously, there's a very strong odor of gas at my house. I don't know how it would have traveled so far, but I'm very worried."

Easley said one man from the contractor crew was taken to Baylor Hospital in McKinney for minor injuries.

He is expected to make a full recovery.

Atmos Energy crews were among the first on scene containing the leak.

Get the latest headlines sent to your inbox!
View Comments (
)
|
Email
|
Print
Leave Comments
What's New
Get NBCDFW on Mobile!
Get NBCDFW's free news and weather... Read more
Follow Us
Sign up to receive news and updates that matter to you.
Send Us Your Story Tips
Check Out