Exposed: Some restaurants haven't been inspected in years
SEND TIPS 1-800-566-5865
After an NBC 5 investigation found that more than 200 Dallas restaurants had not been inspected in at least two years, Dallas has inspected all of the establishments on the list. Read More
Dallas restaurants are supposed to be inspected twice per year, but NBC 5 has learned that only about 20 percent got two inspections last year. This story was published February 29, 2012 - 12:22 a.m.
Prompted by an NBC 5 investigation, the city of Dallas will be hiring more restaurant inspectors. Read More
A Dallas city council committee puts together a plan to step up restaurant inspections after an NBC 5 investigation revealed hundreds of restaurants had not been inspected in the last two years. This story was published March 27, 2012 - 2:24 p.m.
Dallas is debating sweeping changes in the wake of an NBC 5 investigation into restaurant inspections that found kitchens that had not been checked in years. A plan to require a training course for every restaurant worker in the city is among the ideas.
Two American aid workers treated at a Georgia hospital after becoming infected with the deadly Ebola virus now pose no health risk, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
Dallas police are investigating an officer-involved shooting Thursday evening near two schools.
The Dallas Cowboys will be breaking ground Friday in Frisco where they will build a brand new headquarters and practice facility.
The former middle school teacher awaits her sentencing for killing six-year-old John Paul Raidy during a hit-and-run accident on Jan. 24, 2013. Raidy's parents gave emotional pleas to the jury to not be lenient with Lowe's sentencing. Lowe, herself, took the stand, sobbing and apologizing to the little boy's family.
The Fort Worth doctor who came down with the Ebola virus while working in Liberia is now free from the hospital, bringing emotion and relief to his church family back in Fort Worth.
A California firm is recalling chicken Caesar salad kits sold at Sam's Clubs nationwide for possible listeria contamination.