A welder's torch is being blamed for starting a small fire at Medical City Children's Hospital Tuesday morning.
The fire was reported at about 10:15 a.m. inside the hospital at 7777 Forest Lane in North Dallas, officials with Dallas Fire-Rescue said.
Firefighters said the fire was caused by sparks from welding; the welders were actually able to contain the fire before firefighters arrived.
The latest news from around North Texas.
When the first engine arrived at the hospital, they reported seeing smoke coming from the seventh floor of the building. By the time the battalion chief arrived, the smoke was no longer visible.
By 10:43 a.m., firefighters confirmed the fire was out and that there was no threat to the hospital.
No injuries were reported.