Granite Properties and Gables Residential have teamed up for a $200 million commercial and residential project in Dallas’ Uptown district. Situated on over just two acres, this project will consist of two towers: Granite Properties’ Class AA Office Tower and a high-rise apartment building by Gables Residential. The exterior of the buildings will feature concrete and stone with aluminum finishes.
Perhaps the most exciting aspect of these dual towers is the convergence of the two towers on the seventh floor via a one-acre, beautifully landscaped haven. Called the amenity deck, this urban oasis boasts a 4,000 square foot fitness center, an outdoor, infinity-edge swimming pool and a gorgeous, park-like setting which overlooks Victory Park and downtown.
Facts about the Granite Properties Office Tower:
- Located at 1717 McKinney Avenue (at the Northwest intersection of McKinney Avenue and North Akard Street)
- Nineteen stories of office space on top of six levels of parking and retail space
- 361,524 square feet of available space to rent, including 15,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space
- Will bring an abundance of useful Dallas commercial real estate to the Uptown area
Fact about the Gables Residential Tower:
- Located at 1700 Cedar Springs and Akard Streets
- Twenty stories of living space over six floors of parking
- Residences are expected to have ten-foot ceilings, eight-foot doors and an abundance of windows.
- 292 units with balconies
- Views of uptown, downtown, and the future Woodall Rogers Park and Calatrava Bridge
The two-tower project is expected to be completed by March 2010. The architect on the project is Good Fulton & Farrell and the general contractor is Austin Commercial.
Granite Properties is a privately held commercial real estate company with offices in Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Denver. Gables Residential is a private real estate investment trust, which owns, develops and manages multifamily residential projects in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, Southern California and Washington, D.C.