Severe storms still possible for areas east of Dallas through 2 p.m. Hail and gusty winds the main threat. Tornadoes possible in Henderson, Anderson counties and areas east.
The rest of the day will be cooler and windy. A wind advisory is in effect for gusty NW winds around 30-40 mph. Temperatures will be cooler dropping into the low 60s by later this afternoon.
Our next chance for storms/ severe weather will be Friday into the weekend.
- TODAY: Thunderstorms pushing east of DFW. Cooler and windy this afternoon. Temperature falling into 60s. Wind: NW 20-35 mph.
- THURSDAY: A cool morning, then mostly sunny and warm. Low: 49. High: 80. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy, windy, humid, and very warm with a 20 percent chance for thunderstorms, mainly after sunset. Low: 65. High: 87. Wind: S 15-20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Mostly cloudy, windy, and humid with an 70 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms. Some storms may be severe. Low: 68. High: 81. Wind: S 15-25 mph.
- SUNDAY: Decreasing clouds, breezy and cooler. Low: 55. High: 70. Wind: NW 10-20 mph.
- MONDAY: Sunny and pleasant. Low: 50. High: 76. Wind: N 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and warmer. Low: 59. High: 82. Wind: SW 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm, with a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms by evening. Low: 63. High: 84. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- THURSDAY: Decreasing clouds, breezy and slightly cooler. Low: 59. High: 78. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 58. High: 81. Wind: E 5-10 mph.