The new work and school week will begin with the same unseasonably warm air hanging around North Texas. Highs will be in the lower 90s Monday. More clouds on Tuesday should help keep temps a bit below 90°. A cold front will slide into the area Tuesday night and bring the wind around to the north by early Wednesday morning. Behind the front, we will see a chance for some showers and storms ... but the best rain chances will be west of us in Central Texas. That doesn't mean we won't see some scattered showers and storms, but the heaviest rain will be farther west.
The largest chunk of cool air is not going to move into the area like we thought a couple days ago. While we will cool down, we're not going to drop significantly. The best we will do for now will be to drop into the lower to middle 80s Thursday through Sunday.
- TONIGHT: Mostly clear to partly cloudy. Low 73. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly cloudy to mostly cloudy and very warm. High: 92. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly cloudy and warm. Low: 74. High: 89. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance for showers and thunderstorms. Low: 74. High: 86. Wind: N/NE 10 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy with a few stray showers possible. Low: 71. High: 83. Wind: N 10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly to partly cloudy. Low: 67. High: 85. Wind: N 10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 65. High: 83. Wind: NE 10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 64. High: 85. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 66. High: 87. Wind: Light and variable.
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 67. High: 88. Wind: SE 10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 68. High: 88. Wind: SE 10 mph.