Dallas Fire Rescue Battles 2-Alarm Apartment Fire

A two-alarm apartment fire Thursday afternoon in northeast Dallas started when rice was accidentally left unattended, fire investigators say.[[376626371,R]]

Dallas Fire Rescue was called shortly before 3 p.m. to a fire at the Ivanhoe Apartments on the 8800 block of Park Lane, west of the intersection with Abrams Road.

By then, the fire had spread to several residences on the second floor, fire officials say.

Officials said a resident left rice cooking on the stove when he received an urgent phone call and left home, forgetting about the food.

No injuries were reported in the fire.

About 38 people were displaced due to the smoke and water damage, as well as the need for electricity to the building to be shut off. The American Red Cross has been notified to assist those people.

Contact Us