Fort Worth

Residential Building in Downtown Fort Worth Remains Evacuated After Gas Leak

NBCUniversal, Inc.

Two blocks in downtown Fort Worth have been shut down after a gas leak was reported, according to the fire department.

A residential building in Downtown Fort Worth remains evacuated Tuesday night after a gas leak earlier in the day.

Residents of 500 Taylor are being forced to stay out of the building as crews continue to air the building out.

Natural gas service has also been shut off for a large part of downtown. Those without service are asked to contact ATMOS with questions.

Earlier in the day, two blocks around the building were shut down, according to the fire department.

A large gas line was hit by construction equipment in the area. Atmos has since been able to cap the leak.

Police shut off all streets and sidewalks in a two-block radius around the building.

The Fort Worth Fire Department says residents of the building who wish to get their car out of the garage can meet at 3rd and Lamar to be let in.