A cold front eased through DFW early Sunday afternoon. That ended the severe weather threat locally. But storms developed just south and east of Dallas, and some of these became severe as they advanced across central and east Texas during the late afternoon hours. There were several reports of hail up to the size of quarters. And wind gusts of 65 to 70 mph brought down many trees and damaged several buildings in Limestone County, between Coolidge and Lake Mexia. A few storms will linger between Comanche, Hamilton, Waco and Palestine until 10 pm. But elsewhere the severe threat ended by sundown.
Skies will continue to clear out across North Texas through the evening, and temperatures will fall into the 50s overnight. But clouds will increase again by Monday morning.
Expect a cooler start to the work week with well below normal temperatures in the mid 60's and rain showers and occasional non-severe thunderstorms redeveloping through midweek. DFW will likely pick up over an inch of rain, with heavier totals to the east of Dallas. The main concern over the next several days will be heavy rain, which may lead to flooding, especially in east Texas.
Connecting you with your forecast and all the things that make North Texas weather unique.
• OVERNIGHT: Clearing and much cooler overnight. Low: 57. Wind: N 10-20 mph.
• MONDAY: Cloudy and cool with a 50% chance of showers and a few thunderstorms. High: 67. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
• TUESDAY: Cloudy and cool, with an 80% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Low: 57. High: 65. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
• WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy and still cool, with a 20% chance of showers, mainly in the early morning. Low: 56. High: 66. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
• THURSDAY: Mostly sunny and pleasant. Low: 54. High: 74. Wind: NE 5-10 mph.
• FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and a little warmer. Low: 56. High: 80. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
• SATURDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 64. High: 83. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
• SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and warm, with a 20% chance of thunderstorms. Low: 67. High: 83. Wind: S 10-20 mph
• MONDAY: Partly cloudy and warm, with a 20% chance of thunderstorms. Low: 69. High: 84. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
• TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm, with a 30% chance of thunderstorms. Low: 69. High: 84. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
• WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 68. High: 84. Wind: S 10-20 mph.