NBC 5 Forecast: Summer Heat Hanging On

A relatively dry pattern will be in place across North Texas for a few days this week. The heat and humidity will be the central theme through mid-week.

Rain chances will improve toward the weekend as the jet stream pattern becomes more favorable for a few showers and storms. While it doesn't look like a weekend washout, we encourage you to check back as we gather more data.

Latest Forecast

- TODAY: Mostly sunny, hot, and humid. High: 95. Heat Index: 99. Wind: S 5-10 mph. - TONIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 76. Wind: SE 5 mph. - WEDNESDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. Low: 76. High: 93. Wind: S 10 mph. - THURSDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy and warm. Low: 74. High: 92. Wind: S 5-10 mph. - FRIDAY: Partly cloudy and warm with a 40% chance for scattered showers and storms. Low: 74. High: 87. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. - SATURDAY: *Autumn begins at 8:54 PM* Mostly cloudy and warm with a 50% chance for scattered showers and storms. Low: 73. High: 86. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. - SUNDAY: Partly to mostly cloudy. Low: 72. High: 87. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. - MONDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of showers. Low: 70. High: 86. Wind: E/SE 5 mph. - TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 71. High: 87. Wind: SE 5-10 mph. - WEDNESDAY: Mostly cloudy and warm with a 30% chance of showers and storms. Low: 70. High: 86. Wind: N 10 mph. - THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy. Low: 68. High: 85. Wind: S 5-10 mph.