Two sections of eastbound Interstate Highway 635 will be paved with a final layer of asphalt this weekend.
One section will be along eastbound lanes at the Dallas North Tollway beginning Friday evening. The other section will be along the eastbound lanes at Preston Road beginning Sunday morning.
The following areas will be closed from April 17 at 9 p.m. until 2 a.m. Sunday April 19 for the first section of construction.
- All lanes closed eastbound IH-635 between the Inwood exit and east of Dallas Parkway
- Eastbound Midway on-ramp closed
- Southbound Inwood Road closed at the westbound frontage road (southbound Inwood traffic may still turn right along the westbound frontage road, but may not continue towards Harvest Hill)
- Northbound Dallas Parkway closed just north of Harvest Hill
- Drexelwood Drive closed at the eastbound frontage road
- Northbound DNT exit to the Galleria closed (may use Harvest Hill exit to detour to the Galleria using Harvest Hill, Noel, the eastbound frontage and Montfort)
- Northbound DNT exit to eastbound IH-635 closed
- Loop ramp from southbound DNT to eastbound IH-635 closed
- Loop ramp from eastbound IH-635 to northbound DNT closed
- Exit ramp from eastbound IH-635 to southbound DNT closed
- Detour: All eastbound IH-635 traffic will be detoured to the frontage and will re-enter the eastbound main lanes using the on-ramp after Inwood/Dallas Parkway.
The following areas will be closed from Sunday April 19 at 2 a.m. until 6 a.m. Monday April 20 for the second section of construction.
- All lanes closed eastbound IH-635 between Preston exit to the Preston on-ramp
- Northbound and southbound Preston Rd. closed at IH-635. Northbound and southbound Preston traffic may still turn into the frontage roads
- Eastbound Hillcrest Exit will be closed
- Detour: All eastbound IH-635 traffic will exit to the frontage road, and will re-enter the eastbound main lanes using the on-ramp between Preston and Hillcrest Road
This work is part of several full weekend freeway closures in the next few weeks scheduled to place final pavement on the newly constructed main lanes. Detours will be in place and will cause delays for these required operations.