Oh, hump day, you always know how to bring a guy down. Luckily a bit of vino at some neat local wineries can really bring the spirit up.
- Dali Wine Bar may not have a special event for Wednesdays, but it does have Food & Wine Magazine talking. Read our story on the forward-thinking wine bar and visit their homepage to see the menu.
- Planning on traveling? Plan to taste some wines before your 3-hour flight to Seattle. La Bodega Winery inside DFW Airport has wine tastings everyday -- including Hump Day -- where you can try the vino during your layover.
- Your average bar (and even Sonic) has happy hours, so why not a winery? Dvine Wine in Plano uncorks deals from 5 to 7 p.m. including house specials Tues-Friday.
- You need something delicious to go with that bottle of red, that's where Jay Jerrier's Il Cane Rosso come in. It's a mobile, wood-fired pizza oven that bakes Neopolitan style pies outside Times Ten Cellars in Dallas. He'll be making pies from 5:30 until his supplies run out -- unless it gets rained out! UPDATE: It's canceled for tonight, rats!
- Now cheap bubbly can be good bubbly at Zambrano's Wine Celler. They're offering 50% off bottles of champagne from 5 p.m. to close in their downtown Fort Worth shop.
Have a great place you like to sip? Share it with everyone in the comments.