With the NFL releasing its 2015 schedule Tuesday night at 7, let’s peer into our crystal (foot)ball and make some very flimsy predictions on where and when the Cowboys will play this season.
Of course, we already know who they’ll play.
As always, they’ll play home-and-homes with their NFC East division rivals the Giants, Redskins and Eagles. And as division champs, the Cowboys have to play the first-place teams from the NFC’s West (Seahawks) and North (Packers) divisions. And per the NFL’s rotating divisional matchups, the NFC East will play the NFC South and the AFC East.
The result is home games against the Falcons, Panthers, Patriots, Seahawks, Jets, Eagles, Redskins and Giants, and road games at the Bills, Packers, Dolphins, Saints, Buccaneers, Eagles, Redskins and Giants.
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
After a 12-4 season that came within a replay overturn of ascending to the NFC Championship Game, you know the Cowboys will again be a marquee attraction on national television and make the maximum five prime-time appearances. The season starts Sept. 10 in New England and ends Feb. 7 with Super Bowl 50 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif.
In between, it just look like this …
- Monday, Sept. 14 – at Packers, 7:30
- Sunday, Sept. 20 – vs. Panthers, noon
- Sunday, Sept. 27 – at Dolphins, 3:25
- Sunday, Oct. 4 – vs. Jets, noon
- Sunday, Oct. 11 – at Giants, 3:25
- Sunday, Oct. 18 – at Buccaneers, noon
- Sunday, Oct. 25 – Bye
- Thursday, Oct. 29 – vs. Seahawks, 7:30
- Sunday, Nov. 8 – vs. Eagles, 3:25
- Sunday, Nov. 15 – at Bills, noon
- Sunday, Nov. 22 – at Redskins, noon
- Thursday, Nov. 26 – vs. Patriots, 3:30
- Sunday, Dec. 6 – vs. Falcons, noon
- Sunday, Dec. 13 – at Saints, 7:30
- Sunday, Dec. 20 – vs. Redskins, 3:25
- Monday, Dec. 28 – at Eagles, 7:30
- Sunday, Jan. 3 – vs. Giants, 3:25
A native Texan who was born in Duncanville and graduated from UT-Arlington, Richie Whitt has been a mainstay in the Metroplex media since 1986. He’s held prominent roles on all media platforms including newspaper (Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dallas Observer), radio (105.3 The Fan) and TV (co-host on TXA 21 and numerous guest appearances, including NBC 5). He currently lives in McKinney with his wife, Sybil, and two very spoiled dogs.