The expectations for Cowboys rookie defensive lineman Randy Gregory are set very high.
Thursday night, wearing his No. 94 Cowboys uniform for the first time in a game, Gregory showed the ability to live up to those expectations by recording a sack in his NFL preseason debut against the Chargers.
“It was fun,” Gregory said after the game. “It was kind of like in college when I played in the Big House against Michigan. I had to pinch myself a little bit.”
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
As for whether he had butterflies playing in his first NFL game, the rookie out of Nebraska said having played in Qualcomm Stadium before in a bowl game with the Cornhuskers helped.
“I was anxious, but I wasn’t really nervous,” Gregory said. “I really wanted to go up against the first team, but overall, it was a great experience.”
Gregory and the Cowboys will play their next preseason game Sunday, Aug. 22 against the San Francisco 49ers.
Dallas Cowboys 2017 Training Camp Dates:
(all times CT)
- Sat., July 22: Team Charter arrives at Pt. Mugu
- Sun., July 23: Opening press conference (1 p.m.)
- Mon., July 24: First practice - full roster (5:45 p.m.)
- Wed., Aug. 2: Team travels to Canton, Ohio
- Thurs., Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game vs. Arizona (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 5: Jerry Jones' Hall of Fame Enshrinement
- Mon., Aug. 7: Practice Resumes (Oxnard, Calif.)
- Aug. 11-13: Dallas at Los Angeles, LA Memorial Coliseum (8 p.m.)
- Fri., Aug. 18: Break camp in Oxnard
- Sat., Aug. 19: Dallas vs. Indianapolis, AT&T Stadium (6 p.m.)
- Mon., Aug. 21-Tue. Aug. 29: Training camp resumes at The Star in Frisco
- Sat., Aug. 26: Dallas vs. Oakland, AT&T Stadium (7 p.m.)
- Thurs., Aug. 31: Dallas at Houston, NRG Stadium (7 p.m.)