The expectations for Cowboys rookie defensive lineman Randy Gregory are set very high.
Thursday night, wearing his No. 94 Cowboys uniform for the first time in a game, Gregory showed the ability to live up to those expectations by recording a sack in his NFL preseason debut against the Chargers.
“It was fun,” Gregory said after the game. “It was kind of like in college when I played in the Big House against Michigan. I had to pinch myself a little bit.”
As for whether he had butterflies playing in his first NFL game, the rookie out of Nebraska said having played in Qualcomm Stadium before in a bowl game with the Cornhuskers helped.
“I was anxious, but I wasn’t really nervous,” Gregory said. “I really wanted to go up against the first team, but overall, it was a great experience.”
Gregory and the Cowboys will play their next preseason game Sunday, Aug. 22 against the San Francisco 49ers.
Dallas Cowboys 2017 Training Camp Dates:
(all times CT)
- Sat., July 22: Team Charter arrives at Pt. Mugu
- Sun., July 23: Opening press conference (1 p.m.)
- Mon., July 24: First practice - full roster (5:45 p.m.)
- Wed., Aug. 2: Team travels to Canton, Ohio
- Thurs., Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game vs. Arizona (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 5: Jerry Jones' Hall of Fame Enshrinement
- Mon., Aug. 7: Practice Resumes (Oxnard, Calif.)
- Aug. 11-13: Dallas at Los Angeles, LA Memorial Coliseum (8 p.m.)
- Fri., Aug. 18: Break camp in Oxnard
- Sat., Aug. 19: Dallas vs. Indianapolis, AT&T Stadium (6 p.m.)
- Mon., Aug. 21-Tue. Aug. 29: Training camp resumes at The Star in Frisco
- Sat., Aug. 26: Dallas vs. Oakland, AT&T Stadium (7 p.m.)
- Thurs., Aug. 31: Dallas at Houston, NRG Stadium (7 p.m.)