I had to change up my 2018 mock draft. I switched my Cowboys pick to a different LB. I think we will see three to four trades day one. I have five QBs going in the first round.
1. Cleveland; Sam Darnold QB USC
The Browns need to finally take a quarterback in the first round after passing on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson.
2. N.Y. Giants; Bradley Chubb DE N.C. State
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
The Giants have to replace JPP. Chubb can get the QB.
3. N.Y. Jets; Josh Rosen QB UCLA
Might turn out to be the best QB in the 2018 draft.
4. Cleveland; Saquan Barkley RB Penn State
The best player rated in the draft will help QB Tyrod Taylor.
5. Denver; Josh Allen QB Wyoming
**trade with Buffalo. The Bills give up a boatload for a strong arm QB who has accuracy problems.
6. Indy; Quenton Nelson G; Notre Dame
The Colts get a highly graded player who can be ten year starter.
7. Tampa Bay; Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S Alabama
The Bucs need a corner. Fitzpatrick can move around and in a division with Matt Ryan, Cam Newton and Drew Brees the Bucs need better DB play.
8. Chicago; Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech
The Bears need to find a way to get to Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford and Kirk Cousins. But I can see the Bears making a trade down to get more picks.
9. San Francisco; Roquan Smith LB Georgia
I can’t see Ruben Foster playing for this club after his domestic violence arrest. Time to get another LB.
10. Oakland; Derwin James S Florida State
Jon Gruden knows KC has Sammy Watkins and Tyreke Hill. Denver has Thomas & Sanders. The Chargers roll out Keenan Allen/Mike Williams. James fills a backend need.
11. Miami; Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma
The Ryan Tannehill Era may be ending with Baker coming to South Beach.
12. Buffalo; Vita Vea DT Washington
***trade with Denver. The Broncos need some beef up front because Kareem Hunt, Melvin Gordon & Beast Mode are in the division.
13. Washington; Daron Payne DT Alabama
Washington has to stop the run. Payne is a power run stuffing player who will probably end up showing some ability to rush the passer. They were dead last against the run last year.
14. Green Bay; Marcus Davenport OLB UTSA
The Packers need to improve their defense. Davenport will help their pass rush. The Packers were 17th in sacks last season.
15. Arizona; Lamar Jackson QB Louisville
Former Cards head coach said he would draft Jackson. New coach Steve Mills was with Cam Newton in Carolina. Arizona needs a QB of the future.
16. Baltimore; Mike McGlinchey T Notre Dame
Joe Flacco needs better protection. The Ravens have dealt with too many O-Line injuries the past two seasons.
17. L.A. Chargers; Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
Evans is the help the Bolts need at the inside linebacker spot. He excelled at Alabama.
18. Seattle; Harold Landry DE Boston College
Seattle has to replace Michael Bennett at defensive end.
19. Dallas Cowboys; LB Leighton Vander Esch Boise State
Sean Lee never plays 16 games. Anthony Hitchens left for K.C. I confirmed some in the Cowboys organization think Vander Esch is the next Brian Urlacher.
20. Detroit; Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
I don’t see how he falls this fall in the draft. I really don’t see Ward lasting to 20.
21. Cincinnati; James Daniels C Iowa
Marvin Lewis must fix his offense line. Daniels at the center spot is a good place to start.
22. Buffalo; Connor Williams T Texas
**Trade with Denver. Local DFW kid gets taken in the first round.
23. New England; Kolton Miller T UCLA
The Pats lost Nate Solder to the Giants. They must protect soon to be 41-year old Tom Brady.
24. Carolina; Mike Hughes CB UCF
Carolina has to deal with Julio Jones, Mike Evans and Michael Thomas in the NFC South and Josh Norman ain’t walking through that door.
25. Tennessee; Sam Hubbard LB Ohio State
Titans are getting old at the LB spot. Time to draft a young pup. Vrabel recruited Hubbard for Ohio State.
26. Atlanta; Maurice Hurst DT Michigan
The last man rated on LandryFootball.com’s list of first round graded players.
27. New Orleans; Mark Andrews TE Oklahoma
Drew Brees gets a legit passing target. They finally replace Jimmy Graham.
28. Pittsburgh; Josh Jackson CB Iowa
Another DFW product goes in the first round. The Steelers have needed a CB upgrade for years.
29. Jacksonville; DJ Moore WR Maryland
His old WR coach at Maryland is Keenan McCardell…now the Jags WR coach.
30. Minnesota; Isaiah Wynn G Georgia
You can’t go wrong with an offensive lineman who can play several spots.
31. New England; Jaire Alexander CB Louisville
Belichick is a DB guy. He gets the fourth best DB in the draft who has return ability.
32. Philadelphia; Derrius Guice RB LSU
First round talent. He is too good for the world champs to pass up. Big time upgrade in the run game.