For the first time since Tony Romo held a press conference earlier in the week announcing that the Cowboys are making the right decision allowing rookie Dak Prescott to keep the starting quarterback job, Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones spoke to the media and praised the longtime veteran quarterback immensely.
“Our entire Dallas Cowboys team and organization is benefitting from the way he is approaching this,” Jones said Thursday afternoon at The Star. “And this is not a goodbye. I think Tony has five good years left of really competing for a Super Bowl. I believe Tony will be the quarterback on a Super Bowl team. I believe that strongly.”
As for Prescott’s security in the starting quarterback position, Jones emphasized that the rookie has earned the right to keep the job even if he plays poorly in a game.
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
When asked what the future holds for Romo, Jones said, “I have no plans for him to not be a part of the Dallas Cowboys.”