Bill Belichick is a cheater. Tom Brady is a liar. And the Patriots are closing in on the Cowboys’ number of Super Bowl wins.
On the other hand, Pete Carroll is an arrogant, annoying gum-chomper. Marshawn Lynch and his convenient, anti-media, social disorder anxiety are disrespectful. And the Cowboys beat the Seahawks once, and could’ve done it again.
So, um, which team do Cowboys fans root for Sunday in Super Bowl XLIX?
In other words, you wanna be shot or stabbed?
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
Gotta be, grudgingly, the Seahawks. Why? 5 reasons:
5. Cowboys 30, Seahawks 23. Being able to brag that you whipped the Super Bowl champions – in their vaunted house, no less – is worth something. Right?
4. New England has won three Super Bowls. The Cowboys have won five. No need for that gap to get any smaller.
3. Want some local “ties”? Russell Wilson belongs to the Texas Rangers and Earl Thomas went to the University of Texas. Best the Patriots can offer is former TCU Horned Frogs Marcus Cannon (offensive lineman) and Josh Boyce (receiver), and SMU quarterback Garrett Gilbert on their practice squad.
2. Seattle’s linebackers coach is none other than Ken Norton Jr., who just happen to win two Super Bowl rings with the Cowboys.
1. Give me a chomper over a cheater any day. Especially Super Bowl Sunday.
A native Texan who was born in Duncanville and graduated from UT-Arlington, Richie Whitt has been a mainstay in the Metroplex media since 1986. He’s held prominent roles on all media platforms including newspaper (Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Dallas Observer), radio (105.3 The Fan) and TV (co-host on TXA 21 and numerous guest appearances, including NBC 5). He currently lives in McKinney with his wife, Sybil, and two very spoiled dogs.