North Texas got the first, up-close look at the latest structure to light up Friday night skies in Collin County: Children's Health Stadium in Prosper.
The $48 million, 12,000-seat stadium will serve the Prosper Independent School District when it opens this month.
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
It joins two other huge facilities in the area: the $60 million Allen Eagle Stadium and McKinney ISD's $70 million stadium.
Prosper ISD released these bragging rights:
- The largest video board in a Texas High School stadium
- Portable X-ray machine: Housed inside the stadium for Friday night game utilization. It is the only high school in Texas with on-site portable X-ray machine.
- Sideline cooling units and hydration stations: The Children's Health Stadium at Prosper ISD is one of the only Texas high school stadiums with this equipment.
- Emergency Transport Cart with Cot and Stretcher: To minimize transfer of injured athlete. Prosper ISD will be one of a few high schools to own this equipment.
- SidelinER Tent: Prosper ISD was the first High School in Texas to have a sidelinER tent.