Cowboys running back Darren McFadden came away from his short-lived preseason debut feeling a little banged up, but he should be ready to go when the team hosts the Minnesota Vikings at AT&T Stadium on Saturday.
McFadden told reporters in Oxnard, California this week that he had some lingering soreness from the game around his shoulder and neck area, after running for four yards on three carries and catching a pass for three yards against the 49ers, but that it was nothing serious.
“I feel good. I came out yesterday and was just a little sore,” McFadden said Wednesday after being somewhat limited on Tuesday, per the Dallas Morning News. “But I definitely feel good and I’ll be out there today.”
When asked about Saturday’s matchup with the Vikings, McFadden said he’d “definitely” be available, and he’s certainly not going to be overly cautious about how much work he takes on.
“You can go out there and get one carry and get hurt, so I don’t think that has anything to do with it,” McFadden said. “It’s just going out there and playing ball.”
Dallas Cowboys 2017 Training Camp Dates:
(all times CT)
- Sat., July 22: Team Charter arrives at Pt. Mugu
- Sun., July 23: Opening press conference (1 p.m.)
- Mon., July 24: First practice - full roster (5:45 p.m.)
- Wed., Aug. 2: Team travels to Canton, Ohio
- Thurs., Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game vs. Arizona (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 5: Jerry Jones' Hall of Fame Enshrinement
- Mon., Aug. 7: Practice Resumes (Oxnard, Calif.)
- Aug. 11-13: Dallas at Los Angeles, LA Memorial Coliseum (8 p.m.)
- Fri., Aug. 18: Break camp in Oxnard
- Sat., Aug. 19: Dallas vs. Indianapolis, AT&T Stadium (6 p.m.)
- Mon., Aug. 21-Tue. Aug. 29: Training camp resumes at The Star in Frisco
- Sat., Aug. 26: Dallas vs. Oakland, AT&T Stadium (7 p.m.)
- Thurs., Aug. 31: Dallas at Houston, NRG Stadium (7 p.m.)