On the heels of reports that the Dallas Cowboys are growing just a little bit frustrated with Darren McFadden’s inability to get on the field as he deals with the latest in what's been a career rife with hamstring injuries, we learn that McFadden could get on the field very soon.
According to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, McFadden has been doing some running recently in hopes of coming off the PUP list, and--encouraged by the way his body has responded--believes he could return as soon as Saturday. The Cowboys have Friday off.
“I went out there and did a couple of good runs for a few days and I’m feeling good, didn’t get sore or anything,” McFadden said on Wednesday. “I did a little straight-line running and a little cutting, so I got a good feel for it. It’s one of those things where the trainers want to make sure I can put a couple of days back to back before they throw me back out there. I’m just looking forward to getting back out there on the field. No soreness or swelling the next day, so definitely a good sign for me.”
Recently, McFadden himself has grown pretty frustrated.
“Man, I hate it, especially me being here on a new team,” he said. “I want to be in there getting those reps with those guys and fighting with them. It’s one of those deals right now that I just have to sit back and be patient and let it heal up all the way.”
Dallas Cowboys 2017 Training Camp Dates:
(all times CT)
- Sat., July 22: Team Charter arrives at Pt. Mugu
- Sun., July 23: Opening press conference (1 p.m.)
- Mon., July 24: First practice - full roster (5:45 p.m.)
- Wed., Aug. 2: Team travels to Canton, Ohio
- Thurs., Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game vs. Arizona (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 5: Jerry Jones' Hall of Fame Enshrinement
- Mon., Aug. 7: Practice Resumes (Oxnard, Calif.)
- Aug. 11-13: Dallas at Los Angeles, LA Memorial Coliseum (8 p.m.)
- Fri., Aug. 18: Break camp in Oxnard
- Sat., Aug. 19: Dallas vs. Indianapolis, AT&T Stadium (6 p.m.)
- Mon., Aug. 21-Tue. Aug. 29: Training camp resumes at The Star in Frisco
- Sat., Aug. 26: Dallas vs. Oakland, AT&T Stadium (7 p.m.)
- Thurs., Aug. 31: Dallas at Houston, NRG Stadium (7 p.m.)