Before Thursday night's game in San Diego, Cowboys quarterback Dustin Vaughan called the preseason match-up "a job interview," knowing he needed to play well against the Chargers, and in the three other preseason games, to convince Dallas coaches to keep him on the 53-man roster for a second straight season.
Round one of the job interview was a success.
Vaughan threw for 106 yards and led the Cowboys on their only touchdown drive, which included a long 3rd down conversion on a pass to wide receiver Devin Street.
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
"I felt confident out there," Vaughan said. "It was better than I did last year, which was a big step for me. Going out there with confidence, leading the offensive group to go and score and put points on the board, it felt really good."
Vaughan and the Cowboys will host the St. Louis Rams for joint practices in Oxnard Monday and Tuesday before playing the San Francisco 49ers Sunday, Aug. 22, in their next preseason game.
Dallas Cowboys 2017 Training Camp Dates:
(all times CT)
- Sat., July 22: Team Charter arrives at Pt. Mugu
- Sun., July 23: Opening press conference (1 p.m.)
- Mon., July 24: First practice - full roster (5:45 p.m.)
- Wed., Aug. 2: Team travels to Canton, Ohio
- Thurs., Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game vs. Arizona (7 p.m.)
- Sat., Aug. 5: Jerry Jones' Hall of Fame Enshrinement
- Mon., Aug. 7: Practice Resumes (Oxnard, Calif.)
- Aug. 11-13: Dallas at Los Angeles, LA Memorial Coliseum (8 p.m.)
- Fri., Aug. 18: Break camp in Oxnard
- Sat., Aug. 19: Dallas vs. Indianapolis, AT&T Stadium (6 p.m.)
- Mon., Aug. 21-Tue. Aug. 29: Training camp resumes at The Star in Frisco
- Sat., Aug. 26: Dallas vs. Oakland, AT&T Stadium (7 p.m.)
- Thurs., Aug. 31: Dallas at Houston, NRG Stadium (7 p.m.)