North Texas got the first, up-close look at the latest structure to light up Friday night skies in Collin County: Children's Health Stadium in Prosper.
The $48 million, 12,000-seat stadium will serve the Prosper Independent School District when it opens this month.
It joins two other huge facilities in the area: the $60 million Allen Eagle Stadium and McKinney ISD's $70 million stadium.
Prosper ISD released these bragging rights:
- The largest video board in a Texas High School stadium
- Portable X-ray machine: Housed inside the stadium for Friday night game utilization. It is the only high school in Texas with on-site portable X-ray machine.
- Sideline cooling units and hydration stations: The Children's Health Stadium at Prosper ISD is one of the only Texas high school stadiums with this equipment.
- Emergency Transport Cart with Cot and Stretcher: To minimize transfer of injured athlete. Prosper ISD will be one of a few high schools to own this equipment.
- SidelinER Tent: Prosper ISD was the first High School in Texas to have a sidelinER tent.