1. The coaching staff didn’t adjust quickly enough to Chaz Green’s problems handling Adrian Clayborn and it hurt them. They had to either get him off the field or give him help on every play. They did neither until it was too late.
2. Brice Butler’s offensive pass interference on a fake punt was one of the game’s key play. Dallas led, 7-3, at the time and his apparent catch moved the ball to the 25, but the penalty negated the play and Dallas punted.
3. Dak Prescott, harassed much of the night, averaged just 5.8 yards per attempt. He had just two completions of more than 20 yards.
Connecting you to your favorite North Texas sports teams as well as sports news around the globe.
4. Chaz Green had an awful game and he owned it afterward. He was slow off the ball, and kept getting beat off with the same speed move much of the night.
5. Mike Nugent banged a 38-yard field goal off the right upright. Dan Bailey has made 58 of 60 field goals from 30-39 yards in his career. He has not missed from that distance since 2014, having made 20 straight since 2015.
6. The Cowboys had a season-low 233 yards total offense.
7. Dez Bryant caught four passes for 39 yards; the 15th straight game that he’s failed to reach the 100-yard mark. Bryant would say he’s not concerned because in this offense the ball gets spread around and Ezekiel Elliott is the focal point.
8. Xavier Woods, who made a nifty diving catch to record his first interception, also downed a punt at the one.
9. Dak Prescott ran six times for 42 yards, and scored his fifth rushing touchdown this season. At one point in the first half, he ran on three consecutive plays and seemed winded.
10. The Cowboys didn’t take advantage of good field position in the second quarter, when they started drives at their 31 and 48 and didn’t come away with points.