This week Yelp unveiled its list of the top 100 places to eat in the United States based on data from reviews across the site.
Among the "must-try spots," Austin's Franklin Barbecue --which often has a line that stretches out into the parking lot and sells out of meat everyday -- came in at No. 8, the only Texas eatery in the Top 10.
All the other Texas entries were from Austin including Turf N' Surf Po Boy (35), Uchiko (85), Little Deli & Pizzeria (86) and Uchi (99). Chama Gaúcha Brazilian Steakhouse in Houston came in No. 63 and Pflugerville's Taste of Ethiopia registered at No. 91.
The latest news from around North Texas.
Dallas-Fort Worth snagged zero positions on the list, that's right not a single restaurant in North Texas garnered enough attention.
So how did Yelp compile the list?
"We dug in to our wealth of rich data to see what the numbers told us about which places Yelpers really love," the team explains on Yelp's blog. "Engineers on Yelp’s data mining team used a technique based on the Wilson Score to compile a list of highly rated places to eat. This method takes into account both star rating and number of reviews to reveal which spots not only have top notch ratings, but also which are most popular in the Yelp community."
So perhaps North Texans are too busy enjoying their food to be bothered ranking favorite restaurants on Yelp?
Here's a look at the top 25:
1. Da Poke Shack, Kailua-Kona, HI
2. Paseo, Seattle, WA
3. Oklahoma Joe’s Barbecue, Kansas City, KS
4. The Cinnamon Snail, New York, NY
5. Porto's Bakery, Burbank, CA
6. Dametra Cafe, Carmel by the Sea, CA
7. Alinea, Chicago, IL
8. Franklin Barbecue, Austin, TX
9. Gary Danko, San Francisco, CA
10. Joe’s Falafel, Los Angeles, CA
11. Sushi Izakaya Gaku, Honolulu, HI
12. Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs, Denver, CO
13. Oscar’s Mexican Seafood, San Diego, CA
14. Coop’s West Texas Barbeque, Lemon Grove, CA
15. Tacos El Gordo, Chula Vista, CA
16. Cheese Board Pizza, Berkeley, CA
17. Ricky’s Fish Tacos, Los Angeles, CA
18. Ono Seafood, Honolulu, HI
19. Bogart’s Smoke House, Saint Louis, MO
20. Bakery Nouveau, Seattle, WA
21. Baguette Cafe, Las Vegas, NV
22. Eleven Madison Park, New York, NY
23. T-Deli, San Diego, CA
24. Built to Grill, Portland, OR
25. Alforon, San Diego, CA