SMU heads up the Dallas North Tollway to the Frisco Bowl Wednesday, Dec. 20, where they will face Louisiana Tech.
SMU finished their regular season with a 41-38 win over Tulane in late November.
The Mustangs are looking for their first bowl appearance since the 2012 Hawaii Bowl where SMU beat Fresno State, 43-10.
The latest news from around North Texas.
SMU (7-5, AAC) vs. Louisiana Tech (6-6, Conference USA), Dec. 20, 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Toyota Stadium, Frisco
- SMU: WR Trey Quinn, 106 catches, 1191 yards, 12 TDs; WR Courtland Sutton, 62 catches, 1,017 yards, 12 TDs; QB Ben Hicks, 3,442 yards passing, 32 TDs.
- Louisiana Tech: QB J'Mar Smith, 3,114 total yards, 18 TDs.
- SMU: The Mustangs have made steady progress under third-year coach Chad Morris, the former Clemson offensive coordinator and Texas high school coach. They improved from 2-10 in 2015 to 5-7 last year and 7-5 this season -- including a 41-38 win over Tulane to end the regular season.
- Louisiana Tech: The Bulldogs needed wins in their final two regular season games to extend their bowl streak to four straight years, and they did so by defeating UTEP and UTSA. Boston Scott rushed for 138 yards on 20 carries as Louisiana Tech secured its bowl eligibility with a 20-6 win over UT San Antonio to end the regular season.
- Louisiana Tech 41, SMU 10 (Oct. 16, 2004)
- SMU: The Mustangs are making their first bowl appearance since defeating Fresno State 43-10 in the 2012 Hawaii Bowl.
- Louisiana Tech: The Bulldogs reached a bowl game for a fourth straight season, coming after they defeated Navy in the Armed Forces Bowl a year ago.