Are you trying to trim back on your grocery budget.? The Texas Farm Bureau can now help with a new Web site that averages the prices of bread, milk and a big ol' Texas T-bone steak along with other staples.
Twenty-five people get the pleasure of shopping around the state to help you find the high, low and average grocery prices.
Here are the averages from the first quarter as reported by the Texas Farm Bureau:
• One gallon whole milk - $3.85
• 24-ounce loaf of white bread - $2.60
• 14-ounce box of corn flakes - $3.08
• One-pound bag of long grain rice - $1.09
The latest news from around North Texas.
• A pound of lean ground beef - $2.86
• A pound of skinless chicken breasts - $3.15
• A pound of T-bone steaks - $8.14
• A pound of boneless pork chops - $3.43
• 16-ounce package of turkey sandwich meat - $4.79
• Half gallon of ice cream - $5.68
• A pound block of cheddar cheese - $4.97
• A head of lettuce - $1.20
• A pound of grapefruit - $0.77
• A box of cake mix - $1.17
• A 64-ounce bag of pinto beans - $3.68
• A pound of tomatoes - $1.51