Construction, closures and delays are expected on Texas 183 in Irving this weekend as part of the $847 million Midtown Express project.
The following areas will be affected by the construction:
- Westbound at Esters Road will be closed for a partial bridge demolition from 8 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday.
- Eastbound under Esther Road will be closed for a partial bridge demolition from 8 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday.
- Westbound ramp to southbound Texas 161 and two right lanes will be closed from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Ramps from Texas 161 ramps to eastbound Texas 183 and two right lanes of eastbound Texas 183 will be closed 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Westbound from the Texas 114 split to east of Loop 12 will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday.
- Eastbound from west of Loop 12 to the Texas 114 split will be closed from 9 p.m. Saturday to 6 a.m. Sunday.
Message boards will be placed on the highway to warn about closures.
The latest news from around North Texas.
A full list of closures and detour maps can be found on the Drive Midtown website.